Automating the manipulation of documents for notary offices
The customer is a notary office with 15 employees. The employees responsible for the administration are confronted daily with the manual handling of many documents. They need to collect and validate documents such as identity cards, deeds, declarations of succession, bank extracts, wedding contracts, leaseholds, insurance contracts, etc. They are handling 200 documents on average per day.
The organization was confronted with a huge amount of manual tasks, mainly with a dependency on the client side. Most cases require a decent effort from the client side. This can either mean that the client needs to pre-fill certain forms and/or deliver specific documents like an ID. Managing this process (requesting, processing, verifying documents etc.) consumes a lot of time from the persons involved. Other example tasks occupying staff are:
- Sending emails to multiple persona to ask for documents prior to opening a file of succession, the sale of a property, a porce, etc.
- Making phone calls to remind different people to take action and deliver the requested documents and information.
- Collecting the documents via emails, but also via post or clients delivering the documents in person.
- Opening those documents (emails + pdf attachments or paper photocopies coming via post).
- Checking document types’ validity.
- Converting non-pdf documents into pdf documents.
- Merging separated files into one single document (ex: 4 separate pages of 1 Wedding Contract).
- Renaming the documents according to the internal nomenclature (ex: doctype_notary_date_clientname.pdf).
This customer is now using the online CheckHub platform. From there, all necessary documents are collected and processed in a digital and automated manner. All manual tasks are eliminated or reduced to an absolute minimum. The notary office is able to reduce the time needed to complete a file and saves up to 50% of the time spent on the administrative tasks. Moreover the experience of the clients is improved as well.
With CheckHub facilitating the solution to fully automate and process documents lead to the following results:
- A total timesaving of 50%.
- All requests for documents are automated per email and sms.
- All reminders are automated per sms and mails.
- Automated validation of the documents.
- All documents are available and secured via CheckHub’s platform.